For far too long, Washington policymakers have celebrated “infrastructure week” without ever delivering. President Biden promised to work across the aisle and forge consensus to deliver results – and that is exactly what he has done.
- The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal is a once-in-a-generation investment that will create millions of jobs by modernizing our infrastructure, turn the climate crisis into an opportunity, and put us on a path to win the economic competition for the 21stcentury.
- At the same time, the House advanced the President’s Build Back Better Framework to pass after Veteran’s Day weekend. It will lower costs for housing, child care, and more while also creating jobs and cutting taxes. It will significantly tackle the climate crisis as well. With this Framework, the economy will grow from the middle out, not the top down.
- The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal will create good-paying union jobs that can’t be outsourced – and make a real impact in communities across the country. These jobs will:
- Put pipefitters and plumbers to work replacing lead water pipes so every child and every American can drink clean water.
- Transform rail, roads, bridges, and public transit, and modernize our ports, airports, and freight rail.
- Manufacture solar panels, wind farms, batteries, and electric vehicles to grow clean energy supply chains we can export to the world.
- Build out the first-ever national network of charging stations so families can travel coast-to-coast in electric vehicles.
- Make high-speed internet affordable and available for every household in America.
- Clean up brownfields and superfund sites, as well as plug abandoned mine lands and orphaned wells, to stop pollution and protect public health.
- Build up our resilience to superstorms, droughts, wildfires, and hurricanes that cost us billions of dollars in damage.
- The Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal is a blue-collar blueprint to rebuild America. A majority of these jobs don’t require a college degree.
- President Biden’s agenda is fiscally responsible.
- Independent analysis from Moody’s has shown it’s fully paid for and will reduce the deficit over the long term.
- 17 Nobel Prize-winning economists determined it will ease inflationary pressures and lower costs for working families.
- The wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations will pay their fair share.
- No one making less than $400,000 per year will see their taxes go up a single cent.
- While America has risked losing our competitive edge as a nation, we’re about to turn it around — in a big way.
The American people have made it clear: we need to deliver what President Biden’s historic win promised. Now, the President and Congressional Democrats have proved we can do it!