This week we watched the Senate fail to pass voting rights legislation to protect our free and fair elections. This means the threats to our upcoming elections will now become even more dangerous, and your work to disrupt disinformation even more crucial. We’re so glad to know you’re here with us in this essential battle to stop the lies that undermine our freedom!
What We’re Seeing This Week
- The push for the freedom to vote was set back this week, clearing the road for election disinformation
- Health misinformers continue to spread false claims about the effectiveness of vaccines and booster shots, and right-wing actors are attacking companies like Carhartt that implement a vaccine mandate
- Bad actors persist in spreading lies about the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, including promoting the unfounded “false flag” conspiracy theory.
- Many Americans are understandably worried about rising prices and the impact inflation has on their day-to-day lives, but experts say the gap between supply and demand that is contributing to this increase could be on the decline. Still, misinformation blaming the crisis on progressive spending perseveres.
|Join Us For Our Wednesday Workshop Call: January 26th, 6:30pm ET
This interactive call includes a new member orientation, office hours and discussion for current members and the launch of a new campaign. You can sign up here!
Current Message Campaigns
Personalize and share these messages on and offline in the strategic frame of a “Truth Sandwich” to encourage critical thought and disrupt the flow of disinformation.
Freedom’s not up for Debate — click here for message instructions. Disrupting the Big Lie is more important than ever.
January 6 Matters — click here for message instructions. For more than a year, bad actors have tried to minimize the deadly events of January 6, 2021. We can’t let them get away with it.
Upcoming Calls — 2nd and 4th Wednesday each Month
- January 26, 6:30pm ET: Wednesday Workshop (New member orientation/office hours)
- February 9, 6:30pm ET: Big Truths (Launch of Truth Brigade 2.0!)
- February 23, 6:30pm ET: Wednesday Workshop (New member orientation/office hours)
By the time you read this, your truth-telling work will have achieved 210 million views on Twitter alone! You’re posting just as often on other platforms, and your offline conversations continue to make a real impact.
- New to Twitter? Here’s a recording of our basic Twitter training
- Find additional campaigns here
- Proud of the Brigade? Share some coverage from FWIW, Washington Post, or Axios
- Proud of the Brigade, take two! Share our birthday video to recruit new members!
- Share our sign-up page
- Use this disinformation tip line to report bad actors
- Truth Brigade Welcome Guide here
- Download Truth Brigade digital swag (and make your own Zoom background)
- Truthful Tunes: here’s a playlist we made for you
Thanks for all that you do.
The Indivisible Truth Brigade Team