This group is hosted by Indivisible IL9 at 10am CT every Sunday. This call is open to current and new members of Indivisible IL9. We value your voice and your engagement and ask that first time callers go through a friendly pre-call orientation at 9:45am to ensure you have a smooth onboarding to our video chat platform and to our current conversations.
Our Organizing Statement
We are committed to examining the ways in which systemic racism affects us all. In this group, we acquire the tools to dismantle racism and use those tools to make a more just world.
Zoom link: http://bit.ly/awg-zoom
Note: Please join before 10am. No one will be admitted to the call after 10:10am.
- What is said here stays here, but what is learned here leaves here.
- “Three before me” → If you have spoken, allow three other people to speak before you.
- Come on time: join the call before 10am. Call closes at 10:10am.
- Lean in to discomfort; we challenge ourselves and each other here. If/when we feel defensive, we agree to consult White Fragility and the Rules of Engagement to determine if our discomfort is racially based.
- Do any readings to the best of our ability ahead of the meeting (see notes below)
Chat transcripts from these meetings can be found here.
Resources shared in this group can be found here.
Lead a meeting → Sign up to lead one (or more!) of our meetings here.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Contact Kelly B: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct 10: Abolition Sunday
- Oct 17: Resource Share Day
- Oct 24: [tbd]
- Oct 31: Restorative Justice
Oct 3, 2021: Legacy Museum & National Museum for Peace/Justice
10:05-10:15: Introductions/Opener question.
10:15-10:50: Journey to the Legacy Museum & National Museum for Peace/Justice, led by Kathleen Long (see resources below)
10:50-11:00: Community announcements. Sign up to lead future meetings here.
Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson