MEDIA ALERT: DEFEND ABORTION ACCESS RALLY OCTOBER 2 IN DALEY PLAZA
Media must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, 773-490-6046
WHAT: “Defend Abortion Access” Rally
WHERE: Daley Plaza, 50 W. Washington Ave.
WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 2 – 11:30 AM to 1 PM – Program begins at noon
MEDIA CHECK IN: For security purposes, all media must RSVP in advance with Mary Jane Maharry/ email@example.com / 773-490-6046
EVENT DETAILS: The event is MCed by Jacqui Algee, Director of External Relations, SEIU, and Sekile Nzinga, of Nzinga Collective. Speakers include:
- Pastor Nicolette “Nic” Peñaranda, First Lutheran Church of the Trinity
- Crystal Rosales, Chicago Abortion Fund Storyteller
- Michelle Garcia, Latinx community organizer, Access Living
- Mony Ruiz-Velasco, Deputy Director, Equality Illinois
- Dr. Amy Whitaker, Chief Medical Officer for Planned Parenthood of Illinois
- Qudsiyyah Sharyif, Program Manager, Chicago Abortion Fund
- Jamia Jenkins, Behavioral Health Clinician, Planned Parenthood of Illinois
- Taylor Lane, Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health (ICAH) youth activist & leader
There will also be performances by musician Melody Angel, and spoken word artist Leslé Honore.
The “Defend Abortion Access” rally was created by a coalition of more than 20 progressive organizations, supporters, and providers of reproductive health care in response to the Texas abortion ban that went into effect on September 1.
The Chicago coalition includes: 46th Ward Democrats, Access Living, Chicago Abortion Fund, Chicago for Abortion Rights, Chicago NOW, Chicago Women Take Action, Equality Illinois, Gay Liberation Network, ICAN!, Illinois NOW, Illinois Choice Action Team, Indivisible Chicago, Indivisible Evanston, Indivisible Illinois, Indivisible Illinois Social Justice Alliance, Men4Choice, Midwest Access Project, National Council of Jewish Women Chicago North Shore, National Council of Jewish Women South Cook, Neighbors Who Vote / IL VOTE, North & NW Suburban Chicago NOW, Personal PAC, Planned Parenthood of Illinois, Reproductive Transparency Now, SEIU Healthcare, She Votes Illinois, The Clinic Vest Project, Women Employed, Women’s March Chicago, Women’s March Illinois and Young Democrats of Chicago.
In keeping with current COVID-19 mitigation tactics, masks and social distancing are encouraged. For full details visit Planned Parenthood Illinois Action’s Facebook page at facebook.com/ppiaction.
# # #